Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Celeb Information Running a blog - How you can Appeal to Celebrity Information Guests to Your Blog

Google Trends, as many of you will know, is a simple tool for gauging, hour by hour, what is hotly being searched for on the Internet. It's an incredibly versatile and innovative tool, and it has proved extremely handy for news agencies, Internet users, and Webmasters alike. It tends to focus on news blogs, which is excellent for the smaller Webmaster who is trying to increase traffic to his blog.


I suppose you could class me as one of those smaller Webmasters, and to be sure, I always keep one eye fixed on Google trends. I have learned from studying this mysteriously excellent service that most Internet users are only interested in the three things:


1. Nudity


2. Crime and serial killers


3. Celebrities, celebrities, and more celebrities


I am sure that I am not the only Webmaster to have picked up the surprising obsession with celebrity culture which grips the average Internet user. The traffic flows in Google alone for this niche topic are beyond belief, with many millions perhaps searching for one hot celebrity name every hour, traffic which far outstrips seemingly more weighty and important topics in the news. In short, the mass appeal of celebrity and celebrity news scandals is quite breathtaking and regularly shows itself on a massive scale.


There has been a recent trend for Webmasters and blog writers to follow Google trends with their blog posts, and I must admit that I am among these Webmasters. Let me give you an example of how effective it can be. At 1:00 PM, it was announced on Google trends that Rachel Ray, the popular TV cook, had done a risque photo shoot for FHM. I was lucky enough to find out about this at 1:05 PM. I wrote a quick five-minute blog post about this topic, not thinking it would come to much. Boy was I wrong. I checked back on my websites stat counter later that day and found that 60,000 unique visitors had been sent to my blog by Google.


How is such a massive jump in traffic possible, without a huge amount of effort in regard to search engine optimisation? It just looks as though it's a simple question of competition. When the latest celebrity scandal breaks and is reported on trends, for the next few minutes, there is extremely scant competition on Google for the comparatively unique set of keywords which represent said scandal. It's a formula which continuously works for me and other Webmasters, some of whom even admit on their blog that they are just following Google trends. Of course to limit oneself to Google trends on a blog would be a restrictive move that I would not recommend.


Google trends has allowed me to write about interesting celebrity news stories, knowing that they won't be immediately overlooked and forgotten. There is now a chance for any Webmaster to get significant traffic, fast and free, from this innovative and ingenious Google tool.

No comments: